Thursday, August 5, 2010

Spicy Potato and Zucchini Tacos


Signing up for a CSA box will make you cook and sometimes the results are suprisingly awesome :) I am getting my next delivery of organic produce in 3 days and I still had to get rid of a bunch of potatos and zucchini. So I thought I would make some vegetarian tacos for my wonderful friend Dottie and I. I don't have a recipe here because I just threw stuff into the potato mixture until it was delicious. It started with onions and lots of garlic sauteing in olive oil. Then I added cubed potatos, cumin, coriander, chilli powder, oregano, salt and pepper. When the potatos are half cooked I added the diced zucchini. Cook until soft and your mouth is watering. Serve with warm corn tortillas and the usual suspects: fresh cilantro, queso fresco (or feta in a pinch), avocado and tomato slices. The avocado and tomatoes are so good this time of year that this makes a perfectly simple and seasonal dinner. Perfect to plan a trip to India over...

No comments: