Saturday, November 6, 2010

Chewy Chocolate Chips Cookies




I love America's Test Kitchen. I have a not so secret crush on Mr Grouchypants Chris Kimball. This recipe comes from the ATK Family Baking book. The chewy factor comes from the use of melted butter, lots of brown sugar and an extra egg yolk. I have made these a million times and I thought I should finally post the recipe for anyone who hasn't tried them.

Ingredients:

2 c plus 2 Tbs AP flour
1 c packed brown sugar (I used dark brown)
1/2 c granulated sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 sticks butter (melted)
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla essence

Method:

1. Beat sugars and melted butter together for 3-4 minutes
2. Add eggs and vanilla
3. In a seperate bowl sift all other dry ingredients
4. Add flour mixture and beat only until combined (30 seconds)
5. Add chocolate chips and stir in completely

6. Roll 2 Tbs balls and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone sheet
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes until still soft on the inside (do not overbake!)
8. After they have been removed from the oven, let the cookies sit on the baking tray to finish cooking for 10 minutes.



Try to only eat 3 while they are still warm from the oven. Otherwise you will get a tummy ache...not that I would know.

No comments: