Monday, March 28, 2011

Frittata Madness!!!!




Well we all know how I heart MRS (Martha Rose Schulman to those not in the know). She wrote about frittatas this week in the NYTimes. So I had planned to make one of her scrummy recipes (spinach and ricotta or carrot and leek??). Of course at the last minute I decided to use what was in my fridge and just wing it. I don't want to brag but it was perfect and so I'm sharing...

Ingredients:

2 large russet potatoes
4 spring onions
1/2 large onions
10 eggs (Cholesterol is my BFF)
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup grated cheese (I used cheddar) plus more for topping

Method:

- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut potatoes into 1" dice, toss with S&P and olive oil and roast for 30 minutes

- Slice onion thinly and saute over low heat until they begin to caramelize. Mix with potatoes and allow to cool.
- In a separate bowl mix 10 eggs and 1/4 cup milk; Season with S&P; Add cheese and spring onions finely chopped.
- Heat non-stick skillet and melt 1 Tbsp butter with a splash of olive oil. Pour in potato and onion mixture and then pour in egg mixture
- Cook in skillet until edges are set and then throw into oven until cooked (for me this took about 15 minutes). Dont forget to sprinkle with cheese before putting in the oven for maximum tummy loving goodness :)

Try to share with loved ones. If this fails eat the entire thing yourself and be happy.



2 comments:

ciaoamy said...

She's a beauty! Wish I was there to eat a 1/4 of it :)

Shawn said...

nom nom nom